• Was the assignment of participants to groups randomized?
• Was the allocation sequence concealed?
• Were the groups similar at the baseline or trial commencement?
• Were participants blinded to group allocation?
• Were the health professionals providing the intervention blinded to participant group?
• Were the researchers blinded to participant group allocation?
• Were all participants accounted for at the completion of the study, and was follow up complete?
• Was the intention to treat analysis used?
• Did the study have enough participants to minimize the effect of chance on outcomes?